Tuesday, May 4, 2010
The Ultimate Bloody Mary
This is Curtis’ specialty. We think flair is the most important part of a bloody… and a smoky rimmer doesn’t hurt!
What you’ll need:
Vodka (plain or infused)
Marie Sharps Hot Sauce – Belize (or your favorite hot sauce)
Pinch of salt
Pickled green beans
Smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
1. Make the smoky rimmer by combing equal parts of sugar and smoked paprika. Add some lime zest and a pinch of salt.
2. Rim glasses with lime and dip in the smoky rimmer
3. Add ice
4. Pour in about 2 shots of vodka per glass
5. Add 8 shakes of your favorite hot sauce (adjust to taste)
6. Squeeze in 1/2 of a lime
7. Add all the flair.
8. Layer cubed salami and gouda on toothpicks and rest on rim.
9. Fill with spicy V-8. Gently stir and serve.
You can make infused vodka by adding habanero peppers, cilantro, cucumber, mint or basil - put your favorite stuff in a mason jar with vodka and let it sit for a few hours.
For more great cocktail recipes, check out our friend Nancy’s blog: Nancitinis – Cocktails for a Better Day